How do I set up a mailbox in Mozilla Thunderbird?
- Created: Friday, 24 July 2020 14:33
To have your email account load into your Mozilla Thunderbird, you can set it up through an IMAP connection.
To set it up:
- Open Thunderbird on your computer
- Under "Accounts", click "View Settings for this account"
- The Account Settings Box will open with an account name of "Local Folders", depending on your configuration
- At the bottom left corner, click the "Account Actions" drop-down list
- Click "Add Mail Account"
- Enter in the Name of the account
- Enter in your email address
- Enter in your password
- Click "Continue"
- Click the "Manual Config" button
- In the new pop-up window, please add the following information:
- Incoming: IMAP
Server Hostname: mail.(your domain name)
Authentication: Encrypted Password
Outgoing SMTP: mail.(your domain name)
Authentication: Normal Password
Username, Incoming: (Your email address)
Username, Outgoing: (Your email address)
- When your settings are filled in, please click "Done" and your mailbox will be configured